Newsflash: New EAs, Website and RetreatsJan 23, 2009 | Story by: |
New Regional Ecclesiastical Assistant
- We welcome our new Regional EAs: Fr. Mike Pineda SJ, HS Chaplain of Ateneo de Davao University, who has been appointed as Ecclesiastical Assistant(EA) of Davao CLC, and Fr. Willy Samson SJ, College Chaplain of Ateneo de Zamboanga University, who has been appointed as EA of Zamboanga CLC. We join the 7 local communities in Davao and the 3 in Zamboanga in rejoicing and offering thanks to God for this blessing. We also thank our NEA Fr. Tony for his valuable help in addressing the need for EAs for the regional CLCs.
- In Cebu, Fr. Ben Sim SJ, our former NEA and now parish priest of Sacred Heart Parish and CLCP Core member, serves as Regional EA. Angkong has been instrumental in the formation of one of the newest emerging communities, the Barkada ni Kristo (see feature in this issue).
The New CLCP Website
- CLCP’s new Website is now up and running -- thanks to the good work of Paulo Javier “Puloy” Gener, Ralph “Boom-boom” Aleman (both from Cagayan de Oro CLC) and the support of the LC, especially John Gamit. Information is in the process of being updated and more news will be posted in the days ahead, but do check out http://www.clcphilippines.org.
CLC FI's Ignatian Retreats
- An individually directed Ignatian Retreat was conducted by the Formation Institute last December 26-30, the first time such a retreat was scheduled during the Christmas break. A total of 12 retreatants made their way to the Mirador Jesuit Villa in Baguio for their ‘vacation with the Lord.’ Fr. Tony de Castro SJ, Bro. Chris Fajardo SJ and FI’s Aidah Endaya provided retreat direction.
- The next retreats will be held during the Holy Week (April 4-11, 2009) in both Trece (with Fr. Rudy Fernandez SJ) and Baguio (with Fr. Tony SJ). Please contact the FI for details and early reservations!
World CLC Day 2020 Homily: Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord
My dear sisters and brothers in the Christian Life Community, those of you who make the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola are familiar with the 8-day or 5-day silent retreat.... Read more
Pope Francis Gives Urbi et Orbi Blessing: Read Full Text Here
As the world battles against the coronavirus pandemic, Pope Francis shares an assuring message during his Urbi et Orbi blessing on March 27. Read full text below.-----------------------------"When evening had come" (Mk 4:35). The Gospel passage we ha... Read more
nLC World CLC Day 2020 Letter
As we find ourselves physically isolated from one another, we discover “the possibility of turning this ‘desert’ into an opportunity”... Read more