Newsflash: New EAs, Website and RetreatsJan 23, 2009 | Story by: |
New Regional Ecclesiastical Assistant
- We welcome our new Regional EAs: Fr. Mike Pineda SJ, HS Chaplain of Ateneo de Davao University, who has been appointed as Ecclesiastical Assistant(EA) of Davao CLC, and Fr. Willy Samson SJ, College Chaplain of Ateneo de Zamboanga University, who has been appointed as EA of Zamboanga CLC. We join the 7 local communities in Davao and the 3 in Zamboanga in rejoicing and offering thanks to God for this blessing. We also thank our NEA Fr. Tony for his valuable help in addressing the need for EAs for the regional CLCs.
- In Cebu, Fr. Ben Sim SJ, our former NEA and now parish priest of Sacred Heart Parish and CLCP Core member, serves as Regional EA. Angkong has been instrumental in the formation of one of the newest emerging communities, the Barkada ni Kristo (see feature in this issue).
The New CLCP Website
- CLCP’s new Website is now up and running -- thanks to the good work of Paulo Javier “Puloy” Gener, Ralph “Boom-boom” Aleman (both from Cagayan de Oro CLC) and the support of the LC, especially John Gamit. Information is in the process of being updated and more news will be posted in the days ahead, but do check out http://www.clcphilippines.org.
CLC FI's Ignatian Retreats
- An individually directed Ignatian Retreat was conducted by the Formation Institute last December 26-30, the first time such a retreat was scheduled during the Christmas break. A total of 12 retreatants made their way to the Mirador Jesuit Villa in Baguio for their ‘vacation with the Lord.’ Fr. Tony de Castro SJ, Bro. Chris Fajardo SJ and FI’s Aidah Endaya provided retreat direction.
- The next retreats will be held during the Holy Week (April 4-11, 2009) in both Trece (with Fr. Rudy Fernandez SJ) and Baguio (with Fr. Tony SJ). Please contact the FI for details and early reservations!
Blessed and Happy Feast Day of St. Ignatius of Loyola!
Pope Francis said about St. Ignatius, "All through his life he converted, [...] he put Christ in the centre. And he did so through discernment.... Read more
Journeying with Ignatius 2021
photo source: internet Dear Friends in the Lord, This year we find ourselves in the midst of a four-fold celebration: The Year of St Joseph (Dec 8,2020-Dec 8, 2021); The Year of Amoris Laetitia (March 19, 2021-June 26,2022); 500 Years of Chri... Read more
Laudato Si' Week 2021
Dear Friends, Peace of the Lord, Maker of heaven and earth! On May 16-24, the universal Church will celebrate Laudato Si Week in celebration of the 6th anniversary of the publication of the first social encyclical of Pope Francis, Laudato... Read more