DIWA NG TRECE
DIWA NG TRECE
[The 13th General Assembly of the Christian Life Community of the Philippines held on April 18, 1982 at the H. dela Costa Formation Center, Trece Martires City, Cavite]
IN THE LIGHT OF OUR CHRISTIAN FAITH, OUR PHILIPPINE HISTORY AND IN RESPONSE TO THE CALL OF THE CHURCH FOR THE POOR, WE SHALL CARRY OUT AND IMPLEMENT THE FOLLOWING:
A. FORMATION PROGRAM
1. Analyze and improve the existing formation program by giving emphasis on the following:
a. Political and economic aspect
b. Simultaneously initiate a livelihood program that will answer the economic need of each (e.g. cooperatives, credit union, PUNLAD, etc.)
2. Be ready to share the formation program with non-CLC groups most especially:
a. Teachers – especially those in the elementary level
c. Social Action Groups
d. The poor and the marginalized (grassroots)
Formulate a working ideology in the light of the Gospel values (brotherhood, justice, compassion, truth, love, and service) with the following elements:
1. Vision – understanding man and society
2. Analysis – reading the signs of the times
3. Program – concrete alternative SPES system
b. Formation program
d. Organization mobilization
C. HUMAN RIGHTS AND DIGNITY
Make a study concerning human rights and dignity on local, national and world issues in the areas of SPES.
1. Create linkages with groups involved and active in promoting human rights and dignity.
2. Confront and dialogue with them and institutions responsible and involved in these national events.
Live the chosen alternative lifestyle rooted in Gospel values such as simplicity, humility and generosity.
E. To be in SOLIDARITY WITH THE POOR
These we hope to do. These we hope to be. These we hope to share as we bring the GOOD NEWS to the people of God here and now.